11.13.2013

Here we go!


Another year has gone by since I was in Ethiopia last. Many days and hours of preparation for what will lay ahead on yet another trip. To be honest... many tears and sleepless nights, and an aching heart all join with the very same heart that is full, so very full.

 Each time I go so much has has happened, many new steps have been taken and progress made. Bonds with the many churches are being formed, Women are stronger, Children learning and knowing Jesus, wells are being dug, new churches formed, and many new baptized in Jesus!

                        Love from across the globe... it changes lives.

My heart is leaping again as I lay all my own pretenses aside and wait upon the Lord. I know better now after so many trips to not expect what I think will happen, but to be expectant of much bigger.

This trip will yet again be, life changing, life altering... for us and those Jesus encounters. Yet this time seems, well unique. I am excited. I am nervous. I am all in!

A new Team of 11 women. They too are nervous, excited and probably a bit scared too. God is guiding. 
A Children's program... a Women's Retreat... a Pastors Conference... an open Campaign to the whole community and a prison visit! Wow... are we all over the place?


"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways," declares the LORD.



"For as the are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts.…


I am so at peace as we walk into a Grand adventure as He is orchestrating every step and every detail. When I think of the magnitude of what God is doing in this town of Ethiopia and to think of all He has entrusted me with, it could make me crazy. But these very words of the Lords hold so true in my heart as I have tasted and seen, and tested the waters of my self verses, Him in me. He guides our every step. It's such a beautiful knowledge and a very different existence then we naturally care for. Giving it all up, laying it all down, giving up control... surrendering.

Here we go!


Itinerary
November 14th Leave Minneapolis Arrive airport at 11:30 departure time is 1;30
Friday 15th Arrive Addis Ababa
Saturday 16th  Visit Steadfast Love
Sunday 17th   Attend Wedding
Monday 18th   Leave Hosanna
                 Sponsored Children 
                 Prison Ministry
Tuesday 19th   Sponsored Children -morning
                  Women’s Conference-afternoon
                  Visit Mekonan and Abibech
Thursday 21st  Women’s Conference  
                Sponsored Children 
Friday 22nd Leadership Conference 
Saturday 23rd   Leadership Conference-morning
                Campaign-afternoon
Sunday 24th Campaign 
Monday 25th  Leave Hosanna, for Airport
Tuesday 26th Team Arrives home Marybeth stays in Hosanna to work with women and children.
Dec. 1st Marybeth leaves Hosanna! Flies to Germany to visit Anna and David Mansfield and family.
Dec. 4th Marybeth Arrives home.
                                         PLEASE BE IN PRAYER  


1 comment:

  1. Praying for you and your team!! Safe travels:))) Can't wait to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete