10.10.2015

Letter from Christine, Prison Visit

Hello everyone.  Because I have the laptop on the trip and because you are my supporters you get an extra update today. I can’t get this out of my mind, so I will share it with you.

As part of today we went to the womens’ prison.  There were 34 women, but there were also eight children primarily toddlers and infants.  It is beyond comprehension that these children are growing up in prison.  But that’s how they do it here, and the good news is they are not separated from their mothers.

With that said, all the women, children, guards, our team and translators piled into the small chapel.  I had the privilege of sharing a message.  As I was speaking, there were four little ones sitting at my feet.  They were probably about four years old.  It was so sweet to see them sitting there looking up at me as I was talking. (When they weren’t fighting over who got to hold the drum J kids are kids after all. )

Nearing the end of our time together we got to move around the women and children, place our hands on them and pray over them.  I immediately went to the kids who were sitting by my feet.  As I knelt in front of them and placed my hands on their heads to pray one little girl looked right at me with these huge, beautiful, brown eyes.

Tears welled up in my eyes as the thought crossed my mind, “Jesus these kids have no chance!” Almost immediately after that thought I had another one, “All things are possible!”

Oh my gosh, of course they are!  I just got done speaking about how Paul redeems our past and our difficult situations, and how they can know the love of Jesus deep in their hearts.  God’s Love for them, our love for them, the fact that their mothers are in Bible studies and worship services and they are hearing the good news of Jesus Christ absolutely means they have a chance. I continued blessing them, but now with a new fervor and hope because with God All things are possible!

Thank you!  It is because of you I get to be here and experience God in incredible ways.  I get to watch him work not only in my life, but in the lives of my team and of the ones we encounter.   I am truly blessed!

I’m attaching a picture.  If you blow it up a little bit you can see the little girl in the middle with braids and a red shirt, she is the one who captured my heart.

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment